Do you have a friend who is as obsessed with pandas as you are? Or maybe you’ve spotted a keychain that you thought was so adorable that you wanted to make one for yourself? If this sounds like something that might interest you, then read on! Making your own keychains may seem challenging at first sight, but trust us—it’s not as hard as it looks. In fact, with the help of this tutorial, you will be making your own set of beaded keychains in no time.
What you will need
First, let’s look at what you’ll need to get started. Beaded keychains are not very expensive, so you can make quite a few of them with the materials below. The following materials are needed for this project:
– Beads — Use any beads of choice, but be mindful of the size and shape as you will be using these for your keychain design.
– String — Use any string of choice, but make sure it is thick enough to be durable.
– Keychain — Choose a design that suits your design, but remember that thicker designs will require thicker string.
– Scissors — For cutting the string and stringing the beads.
– Glue — To stick on the beads while stringing the keychain.
Create the bead chain
The first step in making a set of beaded keychains is creating the bead chain. To do this, take your string and loop it through the keychain and tie the ends together. Then, string beads on the string and continue until you have reached your desired length.
Keep in mind, though, that the thicker your string, the longer your chain will be. If at any point you have trouble stringing the beads, try using a needle instead. You may also want to use a loom if you are not confident in the strength of your string.
After you have finished the bead chain, you can start weaving the design onto your keychain. Decide on your design and then start weaving the beads onto the chain.
Decide on your keychain design
Before you start weaving the design onto your keychain, you’ll need to decide on your design. While you can use any design you like, a few suggestions are listed below:
– Panda – Heart – Flowers – Stars – Numbers (good to use for birthdays) – Letters (good to use for significant others)
– Emojis Any design that is woven with beads will work for this project, so you can really let your imagination run wild.
Add beads to make the design
Once you have decided on your design, add the beads to make the design. If you’re not sure how to do this, a few suggestions are listed below:
– Panda — Orange beads for the head and black beads for the ears – Heart — Red beads for the heart and pink beads for the stem.
– Flowers — Mix of orange, red, and pink beads – Stars — Mix of silver, black, and gold beads – Numbers — Mix of silver and gold beads.
– Letters — Mix of silver and gold beads – Emojis – Mix of different coloured beads.
Create a hook for your keychain
After you are done stringing the beads onto the chain, you can create a hook for your keychain. Use your scissors to cut a piece of string about 3 inches (7.62 cm) long and attach it to your keychain at the end to make a loop. Then, wrap the string around the middle of the keychain and tie the ends together to create a loop. The easiest way to attach the keychain to a bag is to use a magnetic clip. You can also put a ring on your keychain to attach it to your bag or belt loop.
Making your own set of beaded keychains is not only fun, but it’s also a great way to express yourself. If you are looking for a unique and inexpensive gift idea, beaded keychains are a good choice. Making beaded keychains is a great hobby for teens and adults alike, as it is a creative way to pass the time. With this tutorial, you will be able to make your own set of beaded keychains in no time.