The demand for business brokers has never been as high as it is now, thanks to the rise of online business brokerage services. There are a lot of brokers who will only take you on if you have a minimum deal value and charge you a commission. However, there are also a few good people out there.
If you’re new to this game, our blog post will help you find the right broker for your business. You see, not all business brokers online services are the same and that goes for which brokerage firm you choose to partner with as well.
Why Should You Use a Business Broker?
Business brokers online can help you find the right deals and close them faster. You’ll have a better chance of closing on a deal with a broker than on your own. That’s because brokers bring a ton of value to the table and streamline the process. They already have relationships in the industry and in investment communities.
They also know what the market is like and what will sell. In fact, according to the National Association of Realtors, about 90% of all deals close with the help of a broker. And these benefits are just the tip of the iceberg. Let’s dive into the details.
Top Brokerage Firms
These are some of the top brokerage firms in the market, and each one of them has its own set of advantages. Each one also has a few drawbacks. Let’s dive into a few of these firms below.
Lelia – The company’s name is based on founder and CEO, Lelia Wlezinka’s grandmother’s name. The company is registered in the United States, and it’s also licensed in China. Lelia specializes in buying and selling e-commerce businesses, SaaS businesses, digital media properties and franchise systems. The firm has offices in Shanghai, Beijing and New York. If you’re looking to list a digital media property, franchise or SaaS business, then this brokerage firm might be a good fit.
Corporate Exit – This is a US brokerage firm, and it’s one of the largest firms in North America. It has offices in Canada and the United States. Corporate Exit focuses on helping sellers generate cash from their business using a controlled liquidation process. It’s more beneficial for businesses that aren’t suitable for a sale. This method creates a bidding process for potential buyers to win your business. If you’re interested in a controlled liquidation process, then this brokerage firm might be a good fit.
Exit Strategy – This firm has a global presence, and it specializes in buying and selling all types of businesses. The company has offices in the United States, Canada, Europe and Asia. If you’re looking to sell your business, then Exit Strategy might be a good fit. This brokerage firm specializes in the sale of SaaS, e-commerce, franchise, media, and service businesses. This brokerage firm might be a good fit for your business.
Exit Strategy Partners – This is a US-based brokerage firm and one of the largest firms in North America. The company also has offices in Canada, Europe and Asia. If you’re interested in selling your business, then this brokerage firm might be a good fit. This brokerage firm specializes in the sale of SaaS, e-commerce, franchise, media, and service businesses. If you’re interested in selling your business, then this brokerage firm might be a good fit.
How to Find the Best Business Broker Online
Before you start looking for a business broker, you should know what you’re looking for. You’ll also want to set a budget for your brokerage firm. If you’re not familiar with how this industry works, then you should do some research first. You don’t want to waste your time and money on a bad firm.
There are a few things you should keep in mind when choosing your brokerage firm.
– Commission – This is the money that you’ll pay for the broker’s services. The commission amount varies from firm to firm. The commission rate can be higher during certain times of the year, like during the holidays.
– Experience – You’ll want to find a brokerage firm that can help you sell your business in the best way possible. Experience comes into play here as well. The more experience a brokerage firm has, the better it can help you sell your business.
– Location – If you’re looking to sell your business in a specific area or country, it’s best to find a brokerage firm that has offices in that area. It’ll save you a lot of time, and you’ll also get more attention.
– What types of businesses they buy – If you’re selling a SaaS business, e-commerce business or franchise, you’ll want to find a brokerage firm that specializes in these types of businesses.
– Reputation – You’ll want to find the brokerage firm with the best reputation in the industry. It’ll be easier to sell your business if you work with a reputable firm.
– Communication – Last but not least, you’ll want to find a brokerage firm that has good communication. You want someone you can trust and who will be honest with you throughout the process.
Tips for Finding Deals with a Business Broker
– Network – You’ll want to network and find other entrepreneurs who want to sell their business online or offline . You can join your local Chamber of Commerce or Small Business Association chapter. You can also join online forums to make connections with other entrepreneurs.
– Be open to deals – You might have your eye out for a certain type of deal, but you might miss out on a better opportunity. If you’re open to all deals, you might find one that’s even better. Brokers might also give you a better chance at making money.
– Keep your ear to the ground – If you want to find the best deals, you’ll have to keep your ear to the ground. You might find the perfect business for your brokerage firm through word of mouth. You can also follow your local newspaper for potential deals.
– Keep an eye out for upcoming trends – If there’s a new trend in your niche, you might want to take advantage of it. For example, if you’re in the fitness industry, you might want to find fitness equipment suppliers. You can sell them to gyms and fitness studios. You can also sell them to individuals who are looking to buy home fitness equipment.
Final Words: Is Using a Business Broker Worth It?
That’s a question only you can answer. Business brokers online can help you find deals quicker and it’ll be easier to close them. However, you’ll have to pay a commission for these services. If you’re looking for a quick and easy sale, then working with a broker is a good idea.
It can also be helpful if you’re interested in selling your business to multiple people. If you decide to work with a brokerage firm, make sure you choose the best one. You’ll want to find one that’s reputable and has experience selling your industry. You’ll also want to find one that has offices in the area where you want to sell your business.