Neem oil is a natural product that can be used to treat a range of skin problems. But the question here is where to buy neem oil. You can purchase it online or in stores as an essential oil, or you can make your own using the nuts from the neem tree. The uses for neem oil are almost endless – from helping to remove acne and heal blemishes to offering relief from eczema and psoriasis. Read on for more information about where to buy neem oil, as well as what type of neem you should look for.
What is Neem Oil?
Neem oil is extracted from the seeds of the neem tree, native to India and Southeast Asia. The name “neem” comes from the Hindi word “neem”, which means “to repel”. There is a reason behind this name; neem is rich in many compounds, including neem oil.
Neem oil is made up of many compounds, including azadirachtin, salannin, and azalicin, which can help to fight off skin infections and parasites. Neem oil can be used to treat a variety of skin problems, including eczema, psoriasis, acne, and fungal infections.
How to Use Neem Oil for Skin Issues
– Acne – Neem oil is gentle enough to be used on acne-prone skin. It is effective at reducing inflammation, clearing up clogged pores, and preventing the formation of acne. It can be applied to the affected area either topically or taken internally.
– Eczema – Eczema is an inflammatory skin condition that can cause itching, irritation, and dryness. Neem oil is rich in omega-3 fatty acids, which can help to soothe inflamed and dry skin. It can also help to reduce the formation of eczema through antibacterial and anti-fungal properties.
– Psoriasis – Psoriasis is an inflammatory skin condition that can lead to thick, scaly patches on the skin. Neem oil can be used to control inflammation, reduce itchiness, and prevent the formation of scabs.
– Warts – Warts are caused by an infection with human papilloma virus (HPV). Neem oil has been found to kill HPV, which makes it an effective treatment option. You can apply neem oil to the wart and wear an adhesive bandage to trap the oil inside. Alternatively, you can apply neem oil to a cotton swab and rub it over the wart.
– Scars – Neem oil can be used to reduce the appearance of scars. It can be applied directly to the affected area, or it can be taken internally to increase skin cell growth.
– Stretch Marks – Stretch marks are caused by rapid fluctuations in skin growth and are typically found on the abdomen, hips, thighs, and breasts. Neem oil can be applied to the area to help improve the appearance of stretch marks.
– Fungal Infections – Fungal infections can affect both the skin and nails. Neem oil contains azadirachtin, which has been found to be an effective treatment for fungal infections.
Is Neem Oil Effective?
Neem oil is certainly effective for some uses, but not for all. It is very effective against acne, as well as eczema, psoriasis, and fungal infections. It can also be used to reduce the appearance of scars and stretch marks. However, it is not as effective against warts. Some studies have found that it may take a longer period of treatment than with warts due to their position in the body. It is also not as effective against stretch marks in the same way as topical application.
Finding the Right Type of Neem Oil
The active compounds in neem oil are highly unstable and will only last for a couple of years, which makes it important to find a fresh product. The best way to do this is to look at the “use by” date on the packaging. Look out for neem oil that is dark in color and has a strong odor, as this is a sign that it is fresh.
You can also check the label to see where the product was manufactured. Ideally, you should look for neem oil made in India. This is because the Indian neem oil is better regulated than oil from other parts of the world, making it more likely to be fresh.
Brands to Avoid When Buying Neem Oil
There are a lot of neem oil products on the market, and some of them may not be as effective as others. Some manufacturers also use chemical solvents to extract the oil from the seed, which can cause it to lose effectiveness. Some brands that you should avoid when buying neem oil include:
– Himalaya Herbals Oil – One of the most popular neem oil brands, this product comes in multiple sizes. However, it is likely to be past its date and therefore have lost most of its properties.
– Kanayalal Oil – This product is manufactured in Gujarat, which is not considered a good location for neem oil.
Neem oil is a natural product that can be used to treat a range of skin issues. It can be applied to the affected area either topically or taken internally, making it versatile. Neem oil is made up of many compounds, including azadirachtin and salannin, which can help to fight off skin infections and parasites.
Neem oil can be used to treat a variety of skin problems, from acne to fungal infections. When buying neem oil, make sure it is fresh and made in India. It is also important to check the brand, as some products are not as effective as others. With its wide range of uses and natural ingredients, neem oil is a great product for your skin.